Wednesday, December 1, 2010

never been too good with names but I remember faces

Tonight I found myself unexpectedly at the Metro, reliving teen yearnings courtesy of the seemingly indestructible Evan Dando and The Lemonheads. In the 90s they were pretty much everything you want from your favourite highschool band: 3 minute pop songs, seriously cute slacker-type lead singer, swirling rumours of rock & roll debauchery. And their show was pretty much everything you want from a reformation of your fave highschool band: the record that got me into them 'It's A Shame About Ray' played in its entirety plus all the other hits and finishing with an encore of Outdoor Type with Tom Morgan & Alison Galloway of Smudge (who was the #1 indie pin up girl of choice amongst my male friends as teenagers and still looks enviably beautiful while playing drums).
And ya, he wore stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment